My word for 2017 was BRAVE.
I used that word to push myself away from letting my fears control how I lived.
2017 my year of brave helped me achieve:
- Going to the Photography Show on my own... I learnt so much and I decided to turn pro.
- I signed up for my big fat crazy goal of running a half marathon.... I hadn’t quite conquered 10Ks then....I have now!
- I ran the RunDisney 10K in Paris
- I launched my Etsy Shop
- I applied & got a job where I get to be at the coal face of empowering women from all backgrounds
- I started my feature writing course
- I faced some rather huge personal obstacles - including a laparoscopy which I wanted but was terrified about
- I came off my antidepressants , and have been working hard at managing my illness.
You know the phrase, “Fake it till you make it”? Sometimes I didn’t feel brave at all. Sometimes I was so crushed by the fear & the “what ifs” that I honestly didn’t know if I would reach all my goals.
This year, my word is WORTHY.
I still suffer from imposter syndrome so I will be focusing on working on that this year.
My achievements tell me I’m doing ok my inner critic bellows that I’m not.
I’m determined not to let it steal my happiness.
Here’s to a fab year!